What is it like to experience an INSTEON enabled home?
Simply amazing. Don’t think of it as an automated home, that doesn’t do it justice. An INSTEON home is so much more. It’s about making your home life more comfortable, more secure and giving you time for more important things. It’s about living with your home, not just in it.
An INSTEON home is many things to different people, only limited by your imagination.
What will you do with your INSTEON home?
The possibilities are endless. From basic lighting and appliance control through to complete integrated systems, INSTEON® lets you manage your home the way you want – offering the flexibility and dependability to make your life more efficient, convenient, safe and fun.
INSTEON offers the solution, convenience and reliability – you supply the problem, need or desire.
Energy Saving and Efficiency
As our reliance on energy increases and energy costs keeps rising, it is more important than ever to find ways to use energy more efficiently.
Here are just a few ways INSTEON will immediately start saving you money by helping you to monitor and control your energy usage:
- Australians spend more money to power home audio products when in standby mode than when actually in use. In fact, standby power can account for as much as 10% of your energy bill. INSTEON enables you to safely and easily turn off appliances at the source – eliminating standby power usage
- Automatically turn lights on or off as you enter or leave a room by combing an INSTEON Motion Sensor with INSTEON lighting modules – now that’s efficient and convenient
- Heating and cooling contributes to more than 50% of your home’s energy usage. Efficiently control your home’s heating and cooling systems with an INSTEON Thermostat
- In summer, roughly 40% of the unwanted heat that builds up in your home comes in through uncovered windows. In winter, you want to keep the heat in and the cold out. Add an INSTEON In-Wall Micro Motor Controller to your motorised roller shutters or window coverings to easily schedule their opening and closing depending on weather conditions
- Ever been left wondering if you forget to turn a light or appliance off when you left home? With INSTEON, you can easily check – and if necessary, turn off any light or appliance in your home using your smartphone, tablet or any web browser. Never worry if you left the iron on again
INSTEON is good for the environment and your wallet.
Scene and Remote-Control Lighting
Scenes allow you to set unique lighting levels across multiple lights and trigger them with a single command. Create lighting scenes that reflect your mood (i.e. “Movie Time,” “Party,” “Romance,”), you’ll be able to launch various lighting scenarios with a single button press on any INSTEON controller.
Scenes are not limited to your INSTEON lighting control; you can also control appliances, close your motorised curtains or turn on your AV equipment. All with just one button press, or you can schedule scenes to happen automatically – whenever you choose.
All scene member lights can ramp to your independently desired brightness levels at your chosen ramp rate(s), so one set of lights can dim slowly while another set turns off instantly, all controlled with one command from one button. These are elegant features usually found only in systems costing tens of thousands of dollars and requiring extensive rewiring of your home. And due to INSTEON’s award-winning technology, scene activation is instant – there is no waiting – no delay.
With the INSTEON Hub, you can even control your scenes using your mobile smartphone or tablet (such as iPad or Android), from across the room or across the world.
Here are just a few ideas that the power of INSTEON scenes will give you:
- Movie Time scene – Dim the lights, close the curtains and turn on your AV equipment. Grab some popcorn and a glass of red and settle into your couch – the movie is about to start
- Relax scene – It’s been a long week. Heat up your hot tub, turn on your stereo to play your favourite music, dim the lights and set your thermostat to the perfect temperature. You can do all of this before you arrive home using your smartphone.
- Bedtime scene – Press one button to turn off all of your home’s lights and appliances, lock the doors and arm your alarm system. Good night.
- Morning scene – You are still asleep, but INSTEON is already preparing for the day ahead. Your thermostat has adjusted itself to the perfect temperature; your coffee machine is brewing a fresh cup and the towel heater in the bathroom is warming your towels. Time to rise and shine.
Heating and Cooling (HVAC) control
Heating and cooling your home contributes to more than half of your home’s energy bill. That’s more than your appliances, lighting, TVs and computers combined.
INSTEON offers an easy and affordable way to manage your heating and cooling costs.
Want to control your home’s thermostat from another room? How about being able to cool (or heat) the house while you’re at work in preparation for your return home, or check the temperature when you’re on the road?
With the INSTEON Thermostat, you can control your home’s temperature whether you’re in the lounge room or halfway around the world, saving energy (and money) and maximizing comfort.
You can also program the thermostat as an INSTEON controller to activate other appliances in your home based on temperature, humidity or mode changes. Here are just a few of the limitless scenarios:
- Combined with the INSTEON Hub, you can receive text messages or email alerts if the temperature or humidity drops above or below your defined levels. You can also monitor and control your home’s heating and cooling using your smartphone, tablet or any web browser – from anywhere in the world.
- When the A/C kicks in, turn on your ceiling fans to help cool down your home faster and more efficiently
- If the humidity level climbs too high, turn on a dehumidifier with an INSTEON Appliance module
- Program a daily “Return” mode that turns on your A/C and switches on your outside lights so you come home to a safe, relaxing and comfortable home
- Set-up custom heating and cooling routines for individual days, weekdays, weekends morning or night
Security and Safety
Your home is your sanctuary. A place where you should not only be comfortable, more importantly – it should be safe and secure.
INSTEON includes a range of devices and solutions that can help make your home safer and more secure. Here are just a few ideas:
- Receive text or email alerts when an INSTEON Motion Sensor or Open / Close Sensor is triggered
- View a live video feed on your smartphone, tablet or web browser from within your home using an INSTEON Wireless Camera. You will even have full pan and tilt control so you can “look around” a room. Check on the kids, pets or respond to an INSTEON alert to immediately see what is happening in your home
- Schedule lighting and appliances events to give your home a “lived in” appearance when you are away for extended periods
- Automatically turn lights on or off as you enter or leave a room by combing an INSTEON Motion Sensor with INSTEON lighting modules. You can even set the desired brightness level so as not to wake you up too much should you need get up during the night
- Turn on lighting before you arrive home so you don’t need to enter your home in darkness
INSTEON is the perfect addition to a home catering for people with disabilities or special needs.
INSTEON can assist in so many ways, providing practical solutions to everyday activities that most take for granted. From automatically turning lights on and off to more complex tasks that would otherwise be impossible or extremely difficult for people living with disabilities.
INSTEON can also be used in conjunction with other assistive technologies to help provide independence, comfort and safety.
The possibilities are endless
Besides all of the practical benefits, convenience and cost savings INSTEON provides, let’s not lose sight of the fact that being able to interact with and control your home is just plain cool. Take a moment to imagine what you could do with your INSTEON home, be bold – don’t hold back. The possibilities truly are endless.
What will you do with your INSTEON home?