Dynalite is a lighting and automation control system developed in Sydney, Australia by a company of the same name. In 2009 the company was bought by Phillips to become Phillips-Dynalite. The system is commonly used for lighting control, building automation, home automation and room automation applications and is sold worldwide.
The Dynalite system consists of:
- User Interfaces – Switches, panels, motion and heat sensors, touch screens and recently IOS devices,
- Panels are typically standard sized (Australian or European standard size) wall switch plates, but instead of normal rocker switches, they have buttons of various designs, usually with an indicator LED inside.
- Output devices – Dimmers, Relays, LED drivers and DALI, DSI and 0–10 volt controllers.
- The dimmers range anywhere from a single 240 V relay controller to leading and trailing edge 1-20 amp dimmer devices.
- Network Backbone Devices: Network connectors extend the range of the network, as well as providing integration with other technologies such as AMX, Crestron, etc.
- Through the 100-BT device, the communication network can be extended over TCP/IP networks, which also allows the use of computer systems which can integrate into the system.
Philips Dynalite – the intelligent choice
When you choose Philips Dynalite, you are selecting the world’s finest lighting control system. Tried and tested in more than 30,000 projects, we have implemented some of the largest and most extensive control networks around the globe. The same robust technology can be used in any application, on any scale.